Qualimet is a multi-disciplinary Materials Engineering Company, serving both Heavy and Light Industries., specializing in Welding and Materials Engineering Consulting, as well as the related Technical and Inspection Services. We are looking to add a Welding Engineer – Intermediate Level to our engineering and technical team.
The ideal candidate must have an instinct for engineering consulting. They are born leaders who work well with others and are driven to always be responsive. They are excellent listeners who can intuitively discern important underlying issues to ensure they provide solutions that perfectly fit their Client’s need. They take pride in delivering solutions that make Clients fully satisfied.
The candidate should have a strong combination of relevant engineering and technology skills. This individual works as an Engineer performing materials engineering duties. Involved in project management, consulting and working with client relations, pressure/pipeline weld procedures, and ABSA welder testing. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the industry and code requirements. On occasion - travel to project development sites and to meet Clients and key stakeholders.
Qualimet’s key Clients serve the energy resource industries (coal, oilsands, oil, gas, pipelines, refineries, power generation, etc.). The successful candidate should have experience working within these energy industries and must be genuinely enthusiastically committed to their success.
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer, the Welding Engineer is to:
· Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking to achieve desired results.
· Clearly communicate technical requirements to Clients and other team members.
· Meet with Clients.
· Assisting sales team with developing, presenting proposals and winning sales opportunities.
· Conduct welder testing in accordance with the Qualimet QMS for ASME Welder Testing.
· Conduct Welder Testing as per CSA Z662.
· Verifies project information is entered into Qualimet’s ERP system correctly.
· Ensure timeline deliveries are maintained.
· Manage project costs and ensure budget goals are maintained.
· Actively participate in key performance indicator’s (KPI’s) – including profitability and utilization efficiencies.
· Follow-up with Client at key project milestones.
· Report project(s) progress and updates.
· Review and work with Administration on project documentation prior to invoicing.
Be a Qualimet Team Member:
· Adheres to Qualimet Safety and Quality policies and processes.
· Desires Continuous Improvement and Professional Development.
· Participate and contribute to company meetings and events.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering along with several years of experience in a related role. However, other Engineering disciplines may be considered with post-graduate training / experience.
ASME Section IX | ASME B31.3 | ASME Section VIII | CSA Z662
The ideal candidate should also possess the following skills:
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Team Player
· Problem Solver
· Ability to work in an MS Office 365 environment.
Benefit package includes:
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Based at our Edmonton, AB office.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
Application deadline: 2022-08-31
Expected start date: 2022-08-15