A Division of Total Energy Services Inc., Opsco Process Corp. is a Calgary based professional contractor for design, drafting and fabrication of custom made structural and processing equipment for the oil and gas industry and we currently have openings for the following new FULL TIME STAFF DAY and NIGHT SHIFT positions:
Structural Welders, Pressure Welders, Sub Arc Operators, Pipefitters, Laborers, Apprentices, Journeymen and Supervisors
Reporting to the Shop Foreman/Leadhand the duties of these positions include but are not limited to the following:
- Comply with Quality and Safety standards,
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment using processes such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), metal-core arc welding (MCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and submerged arc welding (SAW), welding carbon steel and stainless steel,
- Welding pressure vessels and piping in accordance with the applicable ASME code,
- Pressure vessel layout and fit-up,
- Material preparation such as flame cutting, grinding, gauging, and plasma cutting,
- Read and interpret construction drawings and welding procedure specifications,
- Knowledge of welded, threaded and socket piping assembly required. Hydro testing equipment to specification a definite asset.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a pressure vessel/process equipment fabrication environment preferred,
- The ability to work individually and in a team setting,
- Self-motivated individuals, with attention to detail, who take pride in producing quality workmanship,
- Good time management and communication skills.
We are offering a fast paced, challenging work environment with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and savings matching plans. Employees work a 40 hour work week with opportunity for overtime. An opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with a value-based startup lead by a highly skilled, entrepreneurial team with a track record of success and innovation backed by a proven parent corporation. Please note these positions are located at Opsco’s office on 285175 Kleysen Way in Rocky View County, Alberta (just off 84th Street in SE Calgary) and is not currently serviced by public transit so a reliable means of transportation is required. Drug and Medical testing is mandatory.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Opsco Process Corp continues to monitor public health directives to protect the health and safety of our employees and mitigate the disruption to our operations. We formulate our response to COVID-19 from directives issued by public health authorities.