Responsible for driving semi-trucks. Will drive clean linen to assigned hospitals, clinics and other businesses, and will pick up the soiled linen and return to the PHSC docks.
1. Reports to Customer Service Manager.
2. Receives daily instruction and changes from Manager as needed.
3. Must be able to lift, bend and push consistently.
4. Follow safety guidelines, rules & regulations including DOT regulations.
5. Keep cab & trailer tidy and well organized, must sweep & sanitize trailers daily.
6. Must be able to work in close proximity of other employees.
7. Must be able to work in a team environment.
8. Long hair must be restrained while working.
9. Will inspect truck and assure it is ready for travel.
10. Will check fuel levels, oil and other applicable gauges to ensure road safety.
10. Able to chain or apply appropriate wheel coverage for severe weather conditions.
11. Properly adjust mirrors to guarantee maximized visibility.
12. Assure that linen carts are locked in place and trailer door is closed before leaving.
13. Place Angle iron in the center of every fourth shipping cart.
14. Anything unsafe on the vehicle must be reported to lead driver or supervisor/manager.
15. Must be alert and aware of all situations in order to prevent accidents.
16. Will make several trips in small radius.
17. Must carry company cell phone and be available via cell phone at all times.
18. Must complete all required areas on the drivers log & trip long for record keeping purposes.
19. Must participate in random drug & alcohol screening monitored by DOT protocols.
20. Must release PHSC to pull annual driving records or as necessary.
21. Work shift will end at the conclusion of the last delivery and driver log entry.
22. Company vehicles are to be used for business purposes only. Personal excursions are
1. Back dock – after loading soil onto truck Tag soil cart or cross bar with the correct color tag.
2. After arriving at the plant record the amount of soiled linen carts you are returning on the soil-in log with correct day and date.
3. Early plant shut down day’s driver to unload soiled linen carts to back dock keeping each hospital in line and separate from each hospital.
4. Sunday soil pickup driver to unload soiled linen carts to back dock keeping separate from other soiled linen carts that may be on the back dock already. (This speeds up the first delivery that is delivered on Monday morning).
5. Tag with color tags to correct hospital.
6. Hang STOP LINEN NOT WEIGHED SIGNS on soiled linen returned.
7. Record amount of soil returned from hospital on soil-in log with correct day and date.
8. Shall sanitize trailers according to company policy.
9. Performs other duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
MUST HAVE A VALID CDL-A LICENSE. Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly. Previous driving experience required, preference given to Laundry/Linen delivery. Able to lift and/or carry linen weighing 50 lbs. Must be able to work in a team environment. Must be able to pass a physical and participate in routine drug and alcohol screenings. Must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.95 per hour