Nidec is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140,000 employees stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization, and each location maintains its individual personality.
Nidec Americas Holding Corporation
Trade Compliance Specialist
Reports to: Corporate Manager, Trade Compliance Legal Services
- Assisting Trade Compliance team in developing and administering an effective trade compliance program to ensure company compliance with regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Provide daily operational execution for Trade Compliance
- Assist with Customs Broker Performance by Examining Customs Broker Trends through Data Analysis
- Must be able to run and monitor trade activity data for all divisions of Nidec through the use of ACE/ITRAC and GLOSA customs Data Systems.
- Assist with Global Tariff Code Assignments and management of finished Goods and Raw Materials
- Research and analyze products for qualification under Free Trade Agreements
- Audits/Self-Assessment Coordination – Perform periodic import/export audits of transaction and assist with development, standardization, and corrective action plan implementation.
- Write and maintain Standard Operating Procedures with Customs Brokers and internal Policies & Procedures.
- Maintain due dates for various trade related certifications to include, but not limited to Powers of Attorney, VAT Certifications, Security Programs (C-TPAT), Brokerage Agreements, Customs Bonds, third party contracts, etc.
- Help to coordinate and deliver internal Annual Trade Compliance Training Program.
- Coordinate Electronic Recordkeeping program for all Nidec Businesses
- Coordination of Industry Memberships-SIA, ICPA, Panjiva, Descartes Customs Info, MK Data
- Interact with internal Compliance Counsel, US Customs, and SAT.
- Coordinate various trade compliance projects
- Act as administrator for ACE Accounts, MK Data Screening Accounts, and other Trade Software accounts as developed.
- Administrative Support for the Trade Compliance Corporate Manager, Trade Compliance Director, Mexico and Trade Compliance Manager, United States.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience
- BS or BA degree required. Preferably in International Business or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and to coordinate across multiple corporate-level functions
- Ability to independently plan, organize, direct, control, and coordinate project to achieve results
- Demonstrate Project Management Skills
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.