Requisition ID: 229315
Telecommunications Network Engineer
We are looking for a team member that will collaborate openly and has proficient oral and written communications skills. As a member of our IT team, you will have the opportunity to be engaged in a wide variety of IT-related work. This will include maintaining both voice and data telecommunications systems, providing user support and troubleshooting efforts, and researching and recommending creative methods and solutions for telecommunications, networking, and other IT-related tasking.
This is not the typical trouble-ticket-based systems/network administration position, but instead requires the orchestration of many different skill sets across the spectrum of IT solutions to effect significant modernization while ensuring highly reliable service.
This position is in Columbia, MD.
Responsibilities of the Telecommunications Network Engineer include:
- Maintaining data, voice, and video network hardware and systems.
- Applying knowledge of multiple aspects of telecommunications, internetworking, and data systems networking.
- Performing new data and voice network configurations as well as managing configuration changes of various voice and data equipment.
- Providing escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice, and video networks.
- Preparing data and voice network diagrams and producing/maintaining drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test, and maintain numerous types of network devices, interfaces and technologies.
- Resolve complex network problems and operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators.
- Draft technical requirements, configuration management, and planning documentation.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures.
- Provide support to users to help troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Work with various vendors to commission and integrate new equipment.
- You must possess an active TS SCI security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university with six (6) years experience relevant to Information Technology OR twelve (12) years work experience relevant to Information Technology in lieu of degree.
- Salary and grade commensurate with experience.
- (1 yr.) Recent mobile telephony deployment & configuration experience
- (1 yr.) Experience with IP subnetting, VLANs, and static routing
- (1 yr.) Experience with end-to-end troubleshooting across multiple devices and networks.
- CCNA Collaboration (Voice) Certified
- Security+ Certified
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience with network switch and firewall configuration and maintenance (VLANs, ACLs, firewall rules, etc.)
- Experience with packet capture and protocol analysis software tools such as Wireshark
- Experience with the security-hardening of network devices
- Knowledge or experience in LTE, UMTS, GSM technology, wireless voice, or landline phone switches
- Experience with telephony signals analysis and troubleshooting
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, weve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
<web address removed>
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.