Job Title: Regulatory Tech II
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Midland, TX
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle completion filing tracking for Regulatory department
o This will consist of using critical thinking skills to asses each wellbore to make sure that we have complied with all RRC regulations. Including:
§ Understand drilling, completions and workover functions to organize work and stay in front of daily operations
§ Ensure quality of work without supervision.
§ Must be able to communicate clearly and influence other departments and discuss issues that may arise
- Review documentation submitted to Diamondback by third parties & have the ability to correct & review information independently.
- Request and review as drilled plats provided by survey company.
o Must be able to comprehend off lease locations vs. on lease locations and how they affect the drilling plans.
o Will interact with the drilling & land department to make sure drilling path is correct & that we don’t have encroachment issues, etc.
- Obtain well test data from Reservoir department.
- Review, fill out and file all plugging reports accurately
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- Overall comprehension of how daily operations run from staking a well through plugging a wellbore.
- Apply knowledge & use critical thinking skills to achieve work responsibilities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience
- Has to have a working knowledge of drilling, completions, land & general operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level understanding of Oil & Gas industry
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Permian experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated Integrity in work product and in dealing with coworkers
- Demonstrated Trust and Respect for Team and Leadership