TheInspection Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinatingSupplier Quality Surveillance (SQS) and managing Supplier Quality for TankSolutions Group Western Hemisphere. The Inspection Coordinator will act asthe project level focal point for source inspection, project inspection budgetsand reporting. Will be responsible for the survey of the capabilities and processesof potential new suppliers and the audit of existing suppliers. Sets the tonefor expectations and the enforcement of supplier quality in the WesternHemisphere.
- Acts as project level Focal Point for the SQS process.
- Provides the source inspection plan, work hour budget and source inspection costs in support of opportunity bidding efforts.
- Manages the complete SQS efforts for multiple projects.
- Develop and implement the source inspection process and coordination/ execution plan.
- Manage team of Agency Inspectors assigned to a specific project. Reviews inspector resumes and select qualified inspectors for all inspection packages.
- Identifying key inspection requirements and clarify the inspection scope at bid stage to the suppliers.
- Develop inspection schedule and plan based on project requirements & no. of POs. Develop and distribute inspection assignment packages to Inspection Agency coordinator.
- Review supplier Inspection & Test Plan and ensure completeness of manufacturing data records.
- Coordinate the scheduling of inspection visits with suppliers, clients and Agency Inspector. Ensure inspection notices are sent in a timely manner to all parties. Notify all concerned parties promptly if circumstances require the inspection date to change.
- Participate in Kick of Meeting, Lead the Pre inspection meeting and attending critical inspection stages as per approved Inspection & Test Plan. Periodically attend meetings/inspections when Agency inspectors conduct the meetings and inspections to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Ensure inspection reports are completed professionally and timely. Expedite inspection reports as necessary in order to maintain the contractual PO delivery date.
- Managing the distribution of inspection reports after review and facilitating the issuance of Inspection release notes after ensuring close out of NCRs, Punch lists.
- Manage administration of Inspection resources and close out of all SQS assignments.
- Facilitate Supplier Performance Evaluation as required
- Conduct surveys and audits of manufacturing facilities where necessary.
- Track and manage project inspection budgets against the actual costs incurred by Agency Inspectors.
- Participate in SQS alignment processes with the Quality Management team.
- Perform initial supplier site surveys when qualifying new suppliers or requalifying existing suppliers. Update records accordingly. Manage the progress of Agency inspectors when they conducts surveys.
- Implement corporate SQS procedures. Ensure any SQS personnel are trained in the latest procedure revisions. Provide training to other Procurement personnel SQS corporate requirements as needed.
- Provide reports to Procurement management on source inspection activities and supplier quality issues. Provide methods for tracking statistics regarding supplier quality.
- 7 to 10 year years in Inspection experience preferred. Similar experience in Industrial Engineering, Quality, or Welding will be considered.
- Prefer experience in Heavy Industrial, or Oil and Gas Industry or EPC business. .
- Bachelors degree (Business, Engineering, Industrial Operations, or Welding preferred)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Professional
Experiencein the plate structure business and/or lump sum turnkey and modular experience
Showsa proven ability to manage and oversee the work of others.
Showsan attention to detail and an ability to maintain schedules.
CSWIP/AWS, ASNT Level II, NACE Level II, APIcertifications etc. are a plus.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integratedprovider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energyindustry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to designand build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellheadto the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the productsthe world needs today.