The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient.
The Senior Sales Account Manager is responsible for developing business within an assigned region and upselling consulting services directly to assigned customer accounts. You will work with cross-functional teams to formulate client strategies, manage clients and bring to closure strategic client opportunities.
The right candidate will be focused on maximizing and increasing the value delivered by AspenTech solutions to our clients by selling AspenTech complete software portfolio and implementation services for such products comprising of world leading Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management solutions.
- Responsible for account and relationship development and management, at all levels in the customer organization. Strategically Engage at “C” level within client organizations.
- Articulates solution business value to customers and leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs whilst coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel including support, service and management resources in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
- Demonstrate understanding of the customer's business priorities and initiatives. Discuss relevant trends and priorities integrating industry knowledge and solution knowledge.
- Have complete understanding of current usage of AspenTech software applications, white space and competitive software usage within the Account.
- Ability to challenge customers’ current way of doing business to drive results.
- Responsible for overall strategic account plan, Opportunity Winning Plan, Competitive Displacement Plan and Pipeline Development Plan.
- Respond to RFPs, Bid preparation, follow-up, negotiation and closing of sales.
- Provide sales and executive management with account updates, sales forecasts, etc.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales quota.
- Accurately forecast deals for the quarter and future quarters.
- Minimum of 5- 7 years software sales experience or Industry experience in a consultative selling role.
- Strategic sales thinker - the candidate must be able to see how existing customer solutions can be repeated and leveraged within an industry sector.
- Demonstrated track record in solution sales with multi-year achievement against personal quota.
- Ability to actively prospect new business relationships within existing accounts.
- Proficient at establishing and cultivating "C" level consultative relationships.
- Significant experience leading multimillion dollar sales campaigns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-discipline and motivation with the ability to set goals that exceed the expectations of the company or manager.
- Travel is expected 50% of time
Additional consideration for candidates with:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical, Industrial, Production, or Petroleum engineering.
- Experience selling to customers in the Energy/EPC industry.
- Familiarity with process modeling software products and services, advance process control / real time optimization, manufacturing execution systems and planning and scheduling solutions preferred.
- Knowledge of asset management and maintenance business processes.
- Knowledge of Chemical production and supply chain business processes.
- Process industry knowledge.