Nidec is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140,000 employees stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization, and each location maintains its individual personality.
The Sr Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure solutions and services for Nidec's global WAN and LAN's. As a critical member of our team, you will be the senior-level contact for all network and telephony-related issues and projects. This includes monitoring, administration, troubleshooting, and solution design.This position is also responsible for the development of standards, processes, procedures, reporting and metrics.
- Develop network standards, processes, procedures, and service levels.
- Design, implement and support IP Address Schema and manage DHCP configurations.
- Design, manage, and support all aspects of network and telephony – LAN, WAN, security, wireless, IP telephony, network monitoring and management.
- Act as technical project lead for various IT projects and initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents reported via ServiceNow tool.
- Participate in calls with vendors and local technical contacts to implement complex solutions at global company sites.
- Act as point of escalation for critical incidents and participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades within off-hours maintenance windows, including nights and weekends.
- Monitor network performance and recommend network changes and upgrades based on utilization.
- Support network disaster recovery planning, design, and testing.
- Ensure business continuity through configuration backups, system redundancy, and support contract monitoring.
- Assist Manager of Network Services in the development of strategic planning initiatives related to network activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Details
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science or another IT field from a four-year college or university required.
- 5-10 years experience in an Information Technology environment with an emphasis on network infrastructure design and support.
- CCNP and/or other Cisco professional-level certifications required.
- Experience with engineering and supporting Cisco network infrastructure required, including Cisco Catalyst and/or Meraki switching platforms, ISR routers, and Cisco WLC’s/LWAPP’s.
- Experience managing and supporting Cisco IP telephony required, including Communications Manager, Unity Connection, and Contact Center.
- Experience using network security tools and protocols, such as Cisco ISE/RADIUS, ACS, ACL’s, certificates, 802.1x, and firewalls, highly preferred.
- Experience using network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as Solarwinds, SNMP, IP SLA, and Netflow, highly preferred.
- Experience with WAN technologies in a global environment, such as BGP and MPLS, highly preferred.
- Experience with advanced technologies, such as IoT, SD-WAN, SD-Access, and cloud solutions, highly preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change. Must be eager and willing to assist others with various issues at a moment’s notice, no matter how minor. Must be driven and be able to operate independently and think critically.
- Requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in infrastructure support. Requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to address problems using a team approach, the flexibility to work well with coworkers in a variety of situations, and the ability to communicate issues and concerns to management in a timely manner. Requires consistent modeling of the highest levels of support and professionalism and the ability to provide positive customer service and to ensure customer success with I.T. services.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.