Oxy is seeking a motivated candidate to fill the position of Senior Production Operation Engineer. Primary responsibility is to enhance the value of the Andrews asset, a technically challenging collection of enhanced recovery (CO2) units that produces +40,000 BOPD. This will be accomplished through the optimization of individual well performance, participation in BU collaboration activities, generation and execution of AFE’s for capital/expense workovers, optimization of artificial lift/stimulation practices, and providing operations engineering support for the field operations team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Manager for CO2 capital development opportunities
- Develop well enhancement opportunities and provide engineering oversight during execution of program
- Surveillance : Lead or assist in well/pattern reviews, identify opportunities for lift revisions and well enhancements, and conduct periodic and ad hoc reviews
- Identify and plan non-routine intervention opportunities: (1) research solution options, (2) evaluate costs, (3) write final procedures, (4) communicate execution priority and (5) act as technical resource for work
- Active liaison between Reservoir Team and Field Operations
- Support execution of routine and non-routine well interventions
- Conduct post appraisals on workovers and drilling projects
- Participate in chemical reviews with field personnel and chemical company to optimize treatments and results.
- Evaluate well testing performance and support efforts to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Supports regulatory with filings and may or may not submit directly to regulatory agency
- Actively participate in the Summer Intern program
- Advise younger Engineers on decision making processes
- Gain more exposure to management or other business areas by participating in broader based (beyond the Reservoir Team) teams/projects
- Participate in communities of practice (PEPAT, Communications Meetings)