Develop and implement the Project Safety Program, which aims to protect employees (Direct hire & contractors) and QG properties from unacceptable exposure to safety risks.
Reporting and Relationships
- This position reports to Assurance Manager.
- Supervises activities of Project Safety.
- Frequent internal contact with Company and Project personnel (onshore and offshore) to monitor and advice on the Safety aspects.
- Frequent External contact with Contractors \Vendors to monitor and advise on the Safety aspects.
- External periodic contacts with other operating companies and consultants regarding Safety protection and methods of control.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Develop and update the Project Safety Program, encapsulating Qatargas operations offshore and onshore. This program is aimed at ensuring compliance with relevant industrial Safety standards and legal requirements of State of Qatar.
2. Ensure that the Project Safety and the Project SHE Plan addresses the workplace SEQ &S; issues within all Project Location and is compliant with the relevant Safety standards.
3. Provide expert advice on the anticipation, identification, assessment and control of hazards to Safety and locations where work is being performed. The recommendations must be given within the framework of policies, procedures and regulations governing the activities of Safety programs.
4. Oversees inspections, monitoring activities and investigative assignments to prevent safety incidents and protect and improve Safety.
5. Responsible for analysis and interpretation of exposure monitoring data, pertaining to Safety assessment activities within QG facilities and identifying trend and patterns, with the aim of providing advice to the management on managing the risk exposures by following internationally accepted criteria.
6. Review, develop and present, applicable workplace Safety protection training.
7. Proactively identify and recommend the most cost effective method for controlling various Safety hazards, within work environments onshore and offshore.
8. Provide advice and support for implementation of control measures (engineering, work practices and/or personal protective equipment), to reduce Safety exposure risk.
9. Identify job-groups requiring periodic Safety surveillance, based on the potential for exposure to Safety risks.
10. Participate in the SEQ&S; meetings with the various Departments including shutdown preparations and present information on their activities and findings related to the Safety. The findings are to support activities staff training, PPE, monitoring equipment, etc., with the aim of reducing Safety risk exposure.
11. Responsible for identification, further development and upkeep of a Company wide database for Project safety information.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree \ Diploma in Safety, Engineering or Science.
- Be a certified Industrial Safety Specialist recognized by a professional body.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Eight (15) years' experience in oil & gas Safety with heavy industries with minimum of five (5) years supervisory roles in the oil and gas industry including onshore plant construction, commissioning and operation and offshore drilling and production.
Technical and Business Skills
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English with the ability to perform presentations and to produce technical reports.
- Very good of computer literacy.
- Critical Information Seeking
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.