Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business. The Ireland Operations boast an extensive portfolio spanning all industry sectors from Semiconductor, Data Centre, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology to infrastructure and buildings.
Planning services is of critical importance to our clients, ensuring that major projects can proceed to successful planning outcomes, whilst utilising best practice and creative approaches to problem solving.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver planning advice and solutions across the full portfolio of high profile infrastructure projects including MetroLink in Dublin and the Water Supply Project, Eastern & Midlands Region, among others. This is a permanent full-time position.
As an experienced professional with a track record of success, you will be a champion for best practice and work with the planning team to deliver projects across Jacobs portfolio. This will include providing planning advice, preparing high quality reports and engaging with clients and stakeholders to support the delivery of complex infrastructure projects.
You will have the ability to produce high quality outputs and be adept at communicating complex information in a clear, easy to understand manner to a range of interested parties.
Our Town Planning team sits within the Environment, Maritime and Resilience Operating Unit - a unit with approximately 1,000 professionals covering over 30 disciplines across Ireland and the UK.
The sustained growth of town planning services across our Dublin and Cork offices requires a Senior Town Planner to work on an increasing portfolio of projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Coordination of consent applications (including planning applications and Strategic Infrastructure Development);
• Building partnerships and working collaboratively with clients and colleagues to meet shared objectives;
• Preparation of a wide range of reports, including appeals, development plan and other submissions, planning appraisals and Environmental Impact Assessment Reports;
• Analysis of legislation, national and local planning policy to guide client proposals and facilitating successful consenting;
• Developing and delivering communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences;
• Supporting the development of strong customer relationships and delivering client-focussed solutions; and
• Applying project management techniques to plan and prioritise the completion of tasks on time and to budget.
• Relevant experience to the role
• a recognised planning qualification (IPI or RTPI);
• a sound knowledge of Irish town planning legislation and practice including their application through infrastructure projects, policies and programmes;
• an ability to identify relevant environmental, social and economic policy and legislation and use it to scope and develop appropriate consenting routes;
• experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and how it applies to major development projects;
• an ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences;
• an ability to build positive and responsive working relationships with internal and external clients;
• excellent written, verbal and IT skills.
• This role is only considering applications with valid and current rights to work in the European Union. Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
• Strategic Infrastructure Development experience;
• planning policy development and site selection experience;
• stakeholder engagement experience.
At Jacobs we have celebrated over 10 years of our culture of caring - BeyondZero. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centered on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
<web address removed>
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>