This senior technical role will review, analyze, recommend and guide the implementation of best in class advanced completion and stimulation technologies. This includes completion support for exploration and drilling of conventional and unconventional reservoirs, fracture treatment design, service quality assurance, on-site supervision and decision making during the treatment and evaluation to feed back for improvement. This position is embedded within the Upstream Technical Support Division and, as a senior technical specialist, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
- You will be required to perform production engineering duties, including: Design well completion and propose alternatives if required.
- Design and execute quality assurance/quality control and perform post-job analysis for acid and proppant fracturing treatments.
- Determine the optimum production rate for wells. Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas including stimulation, production, well design/testing programs, reservoir flow properties & fluid studies.
- Own the quality and implementation of optimization tools.
- Analyze and resolve water chemistry issues.
- Working closely with the surveillance organization you will plan, monitor and validate surveillance activities for wells to ensure well integrity.
- Provide input to pilot design and interpretation.
- Conduct flow assurance analysis.
- Conduct nodal analysis. Implement industry best practices and exchange of learnings with other similar unconventional gas assets.
- Influence technology strategy development by proactively providing feedback from lessons learnt during reviews, studies, deployment and implementation to our research/technical development teams.
- Promote and encourage global learning and communication by maintaining an active learning network.
- Support technical improvements in the well delivery process.
- Responsible for designing completions, preparing procedures, cost estimates and other documentation while working with field supervisors during execution.
- Identify, evaluate, and select potential vendors to support in solving the problems and developing tools.
- Maintain safety as a core principal in every aspect of the job and serve as a safety leader.
- Manage the post-well operations reporting process to ensure the optimization of operational data collation and interrogation to be used for continuous design and operational improvement.
- Provide input into the specification of completion, well testing and well intervention related equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Work closely with sub-surface to ensure reservoir requirements are delivered.
- Competence Assurance and Skills Development
- Keep abreast of Unconventional plays technological developments,inventions and techniques in Operations & Engineering activates by liaising with outside agencies and consultants, attendance at appropriate seminars and membership of relevant societies and institutions. Identifies and evaluates potential application, recommends their testing and introduction when justified, and liaises with other sections and departments to ensure their timely, economical and successful implementation.
- Participate in the ongoing training and development of assigned UAE national employees and other new graduate staff. Includes assessing employees training and development needs, preparing structured development / familiarization programs, monitoring and reporting on progress and counseling employees, as required.
- Implement the Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility, and ensures that they are effectively implemented in his domain. Ensures, by appropriate monitoring and review, that work under his control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Ensures effective accident investigation and follow up.
- Recommend the acquisition of new software and hardware needed to perform well design and other related activities.
- Contributes to R&D studies via coordinating with R&D centers and research alliances to drive their technological advancements and to accelerate maturation of unconventional activities.
- Daily interactions with staff within the team and department regarding project execution related to completion design and artificial lift.
- Frequent contacts with OPCO staff, staff from SPC companies, new Joint Venture partners, IOC’s and ISH on joint studies or exploration projects carried out by these companies.
- Occasional contacts with consultants and contractors on projects carried out for ADNOC and OPCO’s or SPC companies and with vendors on operations and engineering studies.
INDEPENDENCE OF OPERATION
Reports to the Operation & Engineering Team Leader, Unconventional Hydrocarbon Resources Department.
A/C environment (100 %)
- Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Petroleum or equivalent)
- Minimum of 10 years as a total experiences in oil and gas industry, including a minimum 5 years in Stimulation engineering for oil and gas wells
- Significant exposure working on multiple unconventional plays assets
- In-depth knowledge of Fracpro, Ghofer and all hydraulic fracture models;
- Substantial supervisory experience in the field as well as in an office-based environment for planning and executing daily operations support;
Statements in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and accountabilities of the job, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.