Company : Worley
: ARE-Abu Dhabi
Employment Type : Staff
Job Level : Experienced
: Dec 8, 2019
: Jan 7, 2020
Reporting Manager Title : Department Manager
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
You will provide mechanical engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress;and
- ensure the required services meet Worley,its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Hands on experience with pumps, compressors and packaged equipment
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities
- Experienced in the specification for, evaluation of and documentation of rotating equipment packages
Industry Specific Experience:
- 12year+ of mechanical design experience in the oil & gas environment including offshore developments.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behavior and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
1. personal well-being;
2. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
3. Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
- Familiar with API, ASME/ANSI standards relevant to rotating equipment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them