The Senior Project Engineer is accountable to coordinate and review inputs from the various Engineering disciplines, functional departments and out-house contractors contributing to the execution of the Engineering portion of a project including: Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and ensure the generation of deliverables, reports and procedures required for the Engineering portion of the project.
- Support management of the Engineering portion of the project as directed by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Use discipline expertise and project experience to solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Assist Project Engineering Manager in planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling small projects of the Engineering portion of a larger project in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems and requirements.
- Act as liaison between Customer and Project Engineering Manager and Engineering Team, including third party agencies and subcontractors.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of the Engineering Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Assist in the preparation of the work sharing Interface Plan & Scope Split Matrix. Ensure all scopes of work are addressed, handover points are understood and agreed, and that there are no scope gaps or overlaps between the work sharing offices and any subcontractors.
- Review the Project Plan along with the project planner and prepare subcontract scope package for any work that is required to be subcontracted.
- Coordinate and become familiar with all inputs and changes to the Engineering Project Plan, scope of work, drawings and specifications. Facilitate logging and evaluating impacts of all changes in the Desk Top Change Management System (DTCMS).
- Facilitate the development and monitor closeout of technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope and to maintained preferred McDermott procedures, specifications, standards, practices and operation requirement.
- Review project schedule and fabrication schedule in relation to construction sequence, milestone, and engineering scope, checking for alignment.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline (Master Degree preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of engineering discipline experience in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant in an office predominately performing detail design of offshore facilities.
- Registered professional/chartered engineer
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.