The Principal Process Engineer - FCC Technology must have a through understanding of FCC process fundamentals, scale-up, commercial unit operation, and catalyst selection effects on performance. The specialist must have good engineering skills, and be able to apply them through the diverse range of technologies used in McDermotts (Lummus) FCC process to both improve existing technology and drive technology innovation. Following are the pre-requisites for this position.Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Understanding and working knowledge base for the fundamentals of FCC technology; such as fluidization, heat transfer, materials, and reaction kinetics. A solid basis in the fundamentals is necessary to drive FCC process and hardware innovation.
- Yield estimates for proposals and projects and input to guarantees.
- Development and utilization of tools to streamline work processes, such as improved tools for FCC yield estimation.
- Presenting McDermott's FCC technology in customer meetings, conferences and industry trade groups.
- Support sales projects with in-depth technical assistance on an as needed basis to both internal and external customers.
- Continuous improvement of FCC database for performance predictions used in yield estimates for sales proposals and process designs. This involves collection of commercial data, both in the field and that reported regularly by McDermott's FCC licensees as well as designing specific FCC pilot plant programs to expand McDermott's capabilities with new catalysts, additives and unusual or new feedstocks.
- Benchmarking of MCDERMOTTs FCC technology against best in class operation of other FCC licensors and competitive technology. Interpretation of commercial data and specifying targets for development programs to improve MCDERMOTT's competitive position in the FCC marketplace.
- Patents disclosures and other developmental items that advance MCDERMOTT's position of licensing, equipment and catalyst strengths for conventional and advanced FCC technologies.
- Development/ improvement of design/ engineering tools for efficiency and quality.
- Lead proposal and Basic Design & Engineering efforts with minimum guidance.
- Also should be able to travel on domestic and international business trips for proposal clarifications, PFD/ P&ID; reviews meetings and at times assist in pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of FCC units.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
- Twenty (20) years of Design, Engineering, Development, Operations, or Technical Service experience within the refining industry is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience working with FCC Technology is required.
- Prefer a candidate with prior experience in FCC technology licensing business.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with MS Office software.
- Strong project management skills.
- The ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Good interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively with multiple departments.
- The ability to travel to customer sites (both domestic and international), approximately four times per year, usually for periods of one week each.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.