Wood is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Valve / Materials Procurement Specialist) to join our team in Dubai. This position is initially for one year, renewable annually based on performance and business needs.
This is based in Dubai and will involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Acts as WOOD Focal Point within Mechanical Materials Supplier(s) and Sub Supplier(s)
- Review Enquiry and Purchase Orders prior to order placement to ensure supplier alignment
- Review subsequent Vendor Enquiry and Purchase Order information (from supplier) to ensure technical alignment
- Review supplier and sub suppliers technical capability prior to order, during order placement and report accordingly
- Adhere to and comply with, specific engineering and quality procedures stipulated within the enquiry / order and provide feedback for continuous improvement of both vendor and home office
- Ensure all quality requirements are understood and included in both Home office and suppliers / sub-suppliers relevant documentation
- Ensure all testing requirements are understood and included in both Home office and suppliers / sub-suppliers relevant documentation
- Ensure all suppliers and sub suppliers documents are issued in line with agreed schedule
- Ensuring all appropriate SDRs have been approved and are in place with the supplier in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all appropriate suppliers documents are coded, returned through Aconex and suitably approved to match the associated manufacturing phase
- Promote and use Fit For Purpose initiatives to maximise efficiency in valve procurement/supply process
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
Skills / Qualifications
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
- BSc, BEng or equivalent professional qualification or HND or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience and previous track record of successfully working in PMC team
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working for Wood is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. <web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.