Includes electrical design and analysis of an assigned scope of work in a company project including specific complex deliverables such as power generation systems, substation & power distribution systems and lighting & grounding systems. Work includes, among other things, conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, voltage drop calculations, specification development and electrical one-line diagrams.
- Has proven to be successful in aforementioned tasks, however, has a much broader technical background.
- Is able to function as Lead Engineer for middle-sized and large projects and is as such responsible for the technical and commercial quality of the work in his/her group.
- Is in the role of Lead Engineer responsible for the overall coordination of the relevant EPC work processes and reports as part of the project management team to the Project Manager.
- Must supervise the entire scope of electrical for large and very large projects, as member of a task force.
- As required, must be able to set up a General Electrical Specification if the client is not in possession of a standard specification.
- Reports progress of the work; is responsible for planning and estimating.
- Must be capable of supervising several small projects at one time.
- Ensures that personnel under his/her supervision is up to date on company/project standards and procedures and that they are correctly applied.
- The managing/learning of current/future working methods and software applications.
- Shows flexibility and ensures proper hand-over with regards to:
- The reassignment to other departments.
- The replacement of colleagues during illness and holidays.
- The provision of assistance to other colleagues with heavy workload (also other projects) when possible/desirable.
- Accredited engineering degree as may be required by specific regions.
- Prefer BSEE degree and P.E. certificate of registration.
- Typically has 8-10 years of detail electrical engineering experience:
- Is familiar with codes and standards of ATEX and IEC.
- Is current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process.
- Is capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools.
- Must demonstrate leadership, social and IT skills
- Proficient in English
- With Supervision qualities
- Communicative skills (meetings, reporting)
- Capable of working under stressful situations
- Coach and mentor to juniors
- Interaction mainly within the discipline
- Able to judge output reports of EDSA, SPEL, ETAP
- Able to guide integrated database approach
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.