We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to work in a flexible role that includes design and commissioning for processes in various technologies. The work will include performing complete design of oil/ gas and chemical facilities electrical engineering assignments and to potentially manage smaller chemical/process engineering assignments. Work also includes field support and commissioning. This position is in the Houston, Texas office.
We know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
- Lead, supervise and mentor electrical designer level staff on all of their responsibilities.
- Responsible for meeting firms engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects.
- Oversees development of design concepts by Designers, and ensure proper application and execution.
- Verifies Designer’s work quality regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
- Mentors and encourages development of Designer level staff.
- Responsible for applying COMPANY’s risk management practices of electrical engineering.
- Leads the design team to produce engineering/ construction documents that meet the project requirements within the allocated schedule and budget.
- Have a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and advanced concepts to execute all required aspects of discipline engineering.
- Encourages collaboration to seek the best solutions.
- Manages work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
- Writes studies and reports for Electrical systems on projects.
- Executes complex electrical designs with conflicting design requirements or difficult coordination.
- Perform front-end loading of Electrical systems for projects.
- Contributes to revisions of COMPANY’s design standards and master specifications
- Evaluates Value Engineering (cost cutting) items with respect to our level of risk.
- Edits and develops basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
- Develops electrical one-lines, load lists, area classifications, etc.
- Participates in HAZOP, PHA, safety reviews
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- BS Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in the oil/ gas/ chemical industries
Tests & Exams:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment driver’s history check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)