Live and work in one of the best places in the world!
G&H Solutions are partnered with an oil & gas operator in New Zealand to seek an experienced Senior Development Geologist to join their Appraisal and Development team.
This is a unique opportunity for a subsurface professional who is seeking a new challenge in a dynamic, collaborative and thriving environment. The position is predominantly technical based whilst encompassing strategic and leadership involvement. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to take on a role in this capacity, drive technical issues and influence others with sound technical reasoning.
- The main objective of the position is to provide leadership and oversight of the static model generation process and reservoir characterization framework for dynamic model simulation.
- Develop robust geological models and concepts using a sequence stratigraphic approach integrated with 3D seismic datasets.
- Provide geological oversight to well operations, completions and stimulations, and interface with the engineering and drilling team
- Propose and deliver wells and recompletions to meet production and resource maturation targets.
- Geoscience degree, or higher experience
- At least 12 years of petroleum industry experience as a Geologist, largely gained from working in an E&P environment and Major.
- At least 10 years' of development experience, including reservoir characterisation and modelling in a variety of geological settings.
- Experience delivering the geological aspects of well planning, operations and completions projects.
- Experience in tight-gas reservoir characterisation and field modelling is desirable.
- Experience with Petrel modelling software preferred.
- Familiarity with project delivery methods and assurance processes.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability and desire to coach/mentor the more junior staff.
- Ability to challenge, query, provide direction and guidance to team members.
The preferred candidate will most likely have experience in an equivalent type role at a Geological Senior / Advisor / Lead / Principal Level.
We are encouraging applicants abroad to apply. Relocation assistance, visa support and a competitive remuneration package is on offer. Specific remuneration / relocation details, office location, client commitments and schedule will be disclosed to interested and suitable applicants. Interviews are commencing soon so please apply immediately or contact us to arrange a confidential conversation.