To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor's/ Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Technology or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant consulting and/or industry work experience in one of the below:
o Front, middle or back-office for a commodity trading operation with exposure to various commodity transaction types (physical and financial) across multiple markets including understanding of risk and/or hedging strategies
o Experience of working with one or more digital technology solutions such as data analytics, RPA, artificial intelligence, and block chain
o Experience with documentation of business requirements for a process/technology solution, knowledge of software development lifecycle, and/or experience with solution design for a business problem
o Current regulatory/ controls landscape associated with Commodity operations, including control and process design, re-design and/or mitigation related activities
o Experience with how commodity markets operate (power, gas, crude, metals and/or refined products) and understanding of transaction lifecycle (front, middle, and back office)
- Exposure to the physical commodities trading sector is essential. This experience may have been gathered through exposure to professional services (audit, consulting, technology, out-sourcing) or operational roles in trading houses or banks.
- Experience with key technology solutions used for commodity trading operations such as Commodity Trading Risk Management systems (e.g., OpenLink, Aspect, EOS, Allegro, etc.)
- Solution-oriented with a “go-getter” personality who is motivated to identify ways to deliver value to clients
- Demonstrated interest in commodities trading sector through education, work or extra-curricular experience
- Willing to try new ways to solve old problems through the innovative application of process and technology, as well as to drive change in the industry
- Experience in managing a diverse client/ project/ task portfolio is essential
- Great communicator, team player and have ability to establish personal credibility with the client
- Ability to travel for work outside London for over 50% of time
What we look for
We’re interested in individuals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. This role will involve working with multi-disciplinary teams for some of the biggest commodity groups, where you can apply the leading methodologies and help drive their business performance. This will require continuous learning and keeping up with market trends.
What working at EY offers
- A competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
EY has three main objectives in the UK and the ambition for Assurance reflect the firm’s wider 2020 vision. We aim to double our business by 2020, and own 25% of the Big 4 Audit Market. We’re determined to be the most favoured employer, known for the diversity and richness of experience that working at EY can offer. But more than these things, we’re committed to building a better working world — for our clients, our people and our communities.
You and your high-performing team will inspire confidence in the validity and integrity of financial statements, and the information and processes behind them. If you have the ambition to be a leader in the field, and the idea of working in a Big 4 firm with a global growth vision appeals to you, then the time you spend at EY will shape your career for years to come.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Want to get to know us better?
Connect with us on Linked In: http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal