At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions, and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Business divisions | ExxonMobil
The Product Solutions Company will engineer, manufacture and deliver products needed by modern society at an industry-leading scale, serving multiple segments, products and markets. It will play a critical role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and plastic waste by developing more sustainable products such as lower-emission fuels, chemical performance products and next-generation lubricants and plastics.
Job Role Summary
We are seeking Senior Chemical Process Engineers to join us in various roles within our gulf coast manufacturing locations, specifically in Beaumont, TX, Baytown Area, TX, and Baton Rouge, LA.
Our Senior Chemical Process Engineers play a pivotal role in the successful operation of our plants and are responsible for initiating and leading improvements to unit performance in safety, production, and reliability in a dynamic team environment. You will think strategically, execute thoughtfully, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations. In this role, you will serve as a senior process technical resource, providing technical and operational expertise to address complex processes across business teams.
Successful Candidates will:
- Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, operations, and mechanical personnel
- Have leadership capabilities with organization, communication, and team working skills, through a combination of formal training and experience
- Serve as a senior resource working with supervisors on the team to set clear objectives, and ensure priorities are aligned for the technical team
- Serve as the technical expert on the business team by:
- Mentoring less experienced engineers on design practices, unit health monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Aiding in the development of long term vision and strategy for product line improvements
- Organizing and designing plant testing and product trials
- Providing technical assistance for customer concerns
- Serve as process safety resource on business team leading Hazard and Operability Reviews (HAZOPs) and Risk Assessments by developing closure plans and strategies for identified risks
- Provide support for developing and implementing various capital projects
- Provide assistance in the field during plant startups, shutdowns or upsets
- Have a demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Be able to provide off-hours support of abnormal and non-routine operations, including unit Turnarounds
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Chemical Engineering plant technical/manufacturing roles
- Process design or project experience
- Risk assessment and HAZOP leadership experience
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to resolve operational problems
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and ability to view and incorporate larger initiatives into strategy development
- Ability to provide informal leadership and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change to achieve desired results
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life. We offer you:
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Long term career perspective
- Variety of benefits supporting your health & wellbeing (e.g. life insurance, private health insurance contribution, private pension fund contribution)
- Flex Your Day opportunities, providing flexibility around where and when you work
- Relocation assistance
- Programs for parents wellness elements
- Inspiring and diverse working teams
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Process Engineer |
Singapore , Singapore | 11 days ago
Senior Polyolefin Process Engineer |
Beaumont , United States | 12 days ago
Senior Polyolefin Process Engineer |
Baton Rouge , United States | 12 days ago
Senior Process Engineer |
Mossmorran , United Kingdom | 15 days ago
Experienced Process Engineer |
Antwerp area , Belgium | 17 days ago