Security & Distribution Centre Assistant
Lead Security Officer
Conduct screening of personnel and materials using x-ray screening and metal detection equipment to comply with Sellafield Ltd standards and requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operate security equipment such as x-ray equipment, metal detectors and other detection equipment as directed by the management team
- Inspect packages, cartons, palletised materials using x-ray dual view equipment to determine whether materials passing through x-ray contain objects or materials that warrant further investigation
- Set packages aside for screening as indicted by the x-ray
- Operate personnel metal detector at the entry to the SDC
- Perform pat down or hand held searches of personnel entering the secured areas of the SDC who fail the personnel metal detector
- Communicate with team leads or supervisors to discuss objects of concern that are or not on the prohibited object list
- Decide whether packages that trigger alarms should be searched or allowed to pass through
- Support cross docking team consolidating materials for distribution when not operating security equipment.
- Maintain a professional demeanour whilst conducting duties at all times and providing excellent customer service.
- Comply with all relevant company work instructions and procedures for each job function. Suggest improvements to service delivery
- Ensure safe working practices at all times, participate in toolbox talks as and when required - ensuring all relevant personnel are fully aware of the job task prior to the commencement of work Empowered to "Stop the Job" if an action is considered unsafe and report to the Team Leader
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability.
- Comply with level 1 of Values & Behaviours.
Performance will be reviewed both formally and informally at regular intervals against objectives set during the appraisal process.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience within a similar role
Experience working on tasks requiring concentration
IOSH Working Safely Certificate
You will be required to attend and pass job specific SL courses.
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.