Wood is currently looking for a Security Advisor to join our team in Dubai. This position is initially for one year, renewable annually based on performance and business needs.
This is based in Dubai and will involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
Skills / Qualifications
- Be client representative and provide security advice, recommendations and support to FEED/EPC contractors for a new accommodation and support camp facility in Southern Iraq.
- Be part of client PMT team
- Will be based in clients office in Dubai and role will involve regular visits to Iraq.
- Ensure clients existing security policies, protocols and procedures are fully incorporated into the design and layout of the new camp facilities.
- To participate in all project security, safety and design reviews as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents and contracts, ensuring security requirements are fully met.
- To liaise and report to the Clients Senior Management on all security aspects of the new camp facility, including progress reporting.
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports as required
- Provides resolution for all camp security design problems; coordinates application of solutions
- To ensure that all work security is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Clients Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach
Technical / Business Skills:
- Team management skills
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Inspiring communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and mentor others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Excellent supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant security technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Iraq and Middle East Security experience essential
- Fully aware of all threats and security implications for an accommodation camp facility in Southern Iraq.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years experience in security industry, including 3 years experience of camp design
- Minimum of 5 years proven Oil & Gas experience of security work in Iraq
- Demonstrated leadership experience and previous track record of successfully working in client security team
- Experience of the clients security protocols and procedures an advantage.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural teams is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the local government procedures
- Cultural awareness for southern Tribal issues
- Degree or equivalent in Business/Security
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Certified Physical Security Professional ASIS PSP or equivalent
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. <web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.