Our People & Places Solutions business reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the 'why' of what we do the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow.
Responsible for comprehensive understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards. Will perform work of complex scope. Works under general supervision while participating in setting assignment objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. Represents the organization by interacting with internal and external personnel on significant matters.
- Develop, report, and manage schedule data for projects
- Extract schedule information from reporting systems and analyze data to report on status of the project
- Identify root cause of variances and define future spending in justifiable terms
- Participates in project schedule review meetings
- Participates with management in development of strategies and plans
- Create and update P6 and SAP click schedules
- Track milestones and work directly with project managers, and other supervisors or managers
- 8-10 years of experience is required
- Expert in Primavera P6 software as a 'hands-on' user required
- Experience in engineering and/or construction work process and activity sequence required
- Experience in using and understanding earned value progress required
- Experience in all phases of home office engineering required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- BS or BS is preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.