At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
As a member of our team, you thrive in a truly diverse and inclusive workplace based on care and empowerment. You are here to make a difference. Constantly building bridges to the future with sustainable solutions that have an impact on our planet’s most urgent problems. Making the world a better place. Every day.
The Sales Engineer position shall have the responsibility and accountability for sales of Compact Welded and Plate & Frame Heat Exchangers to direct-buying Top-Tier and Mid-Market accounts, with a particular focus on energy efficiency and upgrading/value-based sales. Targeted industry segments include Chemical Production, Mineral Processing, Pulp & Paper, and Oil & Gas end-users and EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) companies.
This position will report into Alfa Laval's Canadian Corporate headquarters in Scarborough, Ontario. The successful candidate can potentially be based in any location where Alfa Laval already has a direct presence (i.e. Scarborough/Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal or Vancouver).
Your Duties and Responsibilities will Include:
- Provide a prompt and accurate service response to customers in targeted industry segments, fulfilling the role of a trusted adviser. Includes preparation of configurations and offers, and taking in-depth discussions on various options, and the advantages and disadvantages for each.
- Interact frequently with customers, online and in real life, to promote the real-life benefits of Alfa Laval’s capabilities, branded features for Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers and Compact Welded Heat Exchangers in the target industry segments, to ensure that Alfa Laval is the specified and preferred heat exchanger supplier on the contractor tender documents.
- Develop, maintain and manager your sales opportunity pipeline, utilizing Alfa Laval's CRM to help you make planning and tactical decisions.
- Act as the local ambassador & champion for the launch of new products in this industry segment
- Assist the other members of the Energy Process team in a supporting or backup role as needed.
Education, Experience, Skills and Attributes:
Education: You have a Bachelor's Applied Science/Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist diploma. Preference (though not mandatory) for Mechanical or Chemical disciplines / competencies.
Experience: You have 3-10 years post-education in sales / sales engineering experience in the targeted industry segments.
Skills and Attributes:
- Self-starter, self-initiates sales plan for prospects and customers.
- “Farmer” mentality with ability to upsell and expand potential in a given customer base.
- Insight / experience into common unit operations, and customer values in given segments.
- Creation and Follow-through of a Business and Strategy Plan to drive success in assigned business area.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Ability to be collaborative within both your local work team and as part of a global organization.
- Knowledge of heat transfer products and applications in the targeted segments.
- Ability to communicate in French (Oral and Written) at fluent or professional level is a strong asset.