DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the Tawke and Peshkabir fields. Due to increased reservoir management activity in Kurdistan, DNO is seeking to appoint an experienced & dedicated Reservoir Geophysicist.
The Reservoir Geophysicist will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees. The position will be based in DNO’s Oslo office and be a key member of the Field Development team. The Reservoir Geophysicist will central for the reservoir characterisation based on seismic, well and production data on the DNO’s Kurdistan fields with emphasis in the Tawke field. The role may also from time to time be asked to assist with exploration and appraisal tasks.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at DNO and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme.
- Perform reservoir characterisation projects for the Tawke and other Kurdistan fields to be used for reservoir modelling and well planning
- Update and integrate well & seismic data via well ties, time-depth conversion, depth calibration
- Participate in post-well analysis and propose, evaluate & perform geophysical projects to address identified issues
- Working closely with the Corporate Geophysical team to widen the application and usage of geophysical data and techniques
- Operations support, including loading of latest survey data, and comparison of well data with predicted properties to be able to adjust well trajectory if required
Required qualification and experience
Ideally MSc or higher degree in Geophysics or, as a minimum, BSc degree in Geophysics
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in the E&P Industry
- Proven track record in hands-on reservoir geophysical techniques, e.g. quantitative seismic interpretation, reservoir characterisation, seismic inversion for reservoir properties and prediction of reservoir parameter like porosity, lithology & fractures, seismic attribute analysis
- Experience in well ties, synthetic modelling, time-depth conversion, velocity model building, seismic amplitude analysis, seismic processing techniques including time and depth imaging, as well as seismic gather conditioning
- Confident user of Petrel or Kingdom seismic interpretation packages or equivalent seismic interpretation and analysis tools
- Experience of working with both time and depth seismic and an understanding of the different seismic processing steps, advantages and limitations
- Data integration at a well log to seismic scale
- Some experience with using static and dynamic reservoir models alongside well planning would be beneficial, but is not essential
Please attach CV to application in pdf-format only