Costain helps to improve peoples lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UKs energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join the team.What will I be doing?
- Promoting a positive Quality culture within project teams and the project supply chain.
- Leading the establishment and ongoing development of project quality management programmes for site and supply chain activities, ensuring that the project meets the requirement of the customer and Costains Business Management Systems.
- Managing QA/QC resources assigned to the project.
- Representing the project internally and externally as the project Quality representative, including attending project meetings as required.
- Manage timely reviewing of subcontractor Quality plans, arrangements and records to confirm suitability for the scope of work.
- Managing or ensuring Quality Kick-Off and Pre Inspection/Production Meetings with suppliers/subcontractors when required.
- Programme, plan and execute approval assessment and monitoring audits of projects, suppliers and subcontractors
- Managing project quality processes such as Non-conformance reporting, SQEP, Rights First Time monitoring.
- Ensuring the requirements of European Directives is implemented by both the project disciplines and suppliers.
- Ensuring timely review of Inspection and Surveillance reports content for discrepancies and actions, following Inspection activities.
- Ensuring that processes are established and implemented to prevent products and work being released until verified as compliant.
- Supporting the management of Technical Queries and Concession Requests as directed by the Project Management Team.
- Preparing good written reports for Inspections, audits and submit regular project Quality updates as determined by the project team.
- Monitoring performance using analysis of outputs from NCR, Audits, Lessons Learnt, Investigations etc. and liaise with relevant parties to introduce improvements.
- Educated to HNC/HND or degree level in an engineering related discipline.
- ISO9001 trained Auditor (Registered Lead Auditor preferred).
- Previous experience managing quality in a project delivery environment (Oil & Gas projects experience an advantage)
- Membership of a relevant engineering or quality professional body
- Knowledge and understanding of QA/QC principles and their application to a project, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Understanding of principles of Engineering relating to the project scope of work. Recognition of national and international manufacturing codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory context of the project sector.
- Competent in handling complex rapidly changing situations independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of acting competently, decisively and quickly on Quality related issues.
- Thorough knowledge of the quality system requirements of ISO 9001.
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.