Gas and Power
Oil & Gas
Education Required Level:
The Proposal Engineer Electrical supports the regional Proposal Engineer (PE) of Client Service New Equipment in the regions and plays a key role in the technical proposal support in the area of electrical drives and control aspects as required for projects in the Oil and Gas. PE Electrical supports the PE in preparing a proposal for our clients in both aspects - technical and commercial.
The following responsibilities of this position apply to one or more of Siemens’ Product Lines, which include the following:
- Understanding and applying Electric Motor/Generator design, (synchronous/asynchronous) according API 541/546, NEMA MG 1 and IEC60034,
- Understanding and applying Explosion Protection Methods according IEC 60079 and NFPA 70 NEC 500 / 505
- Understanding fundamentals of electric motor protection and monitoring according common industrial standards (Protection relays with ANSI designation)
- Understanding fundamentals of MV-Converter VFD topologies (VSI vs. LCI)
- Identifying the accessories for cooling, control, synchronization, monitoring and protection of VFD, Motor, Generator, and Transformer.
- Generate and issue requests-for-quotation for VFD, Motor, Generator, and Transformer based on project's specification and evaluate the feedback from sub-supplier
- Understanding between compressor startup load curve and characteristic motor starting diagrams
- Awareness of compressor design and process set-up related to motor and VFD sizing.
- Understanding the design standards for Low Voltage Switchgears, prepare request-for-quotations for LV-Switchgears and issues those to approved sub-supplier together with related project specification and electrical load list. Participate in design reviews, project handover and post job analysis for continuous improvement of proposal processes and tools.
BS or MS in Engineering - Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum or related
5+ years of industry experience as Application Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, with a concentration in rotating and process equipment.
Problem solving and critical thinking skills necessary.
Understanding of pricing, costing and equipment selection.
Knowledge of commercial or technical bidding or quoting.
Global awareness and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
Possess a keen awareness and appreciation for internal and external Clients.
Domestic and international travel is required, up to 20%.
Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, or Chinese.
- International experience
- OEM or EPC experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.