Expected start date : ASAP
Duration : 6 months
Mission Title : Project Engineering support on pipeline design analyses
For support on a current Project
The contractor will provide support to project team by
- Performing basic pipeline design & writing reports (wall thickness mechanical design, stability, layout arrangement, lateral buckling screening) to detailed analyses (lateral buckling & walking detailed analyses, On-bottom roughness analyses, …) as required.
- Performing components or global model detailed design analyses (by Finite Element Analyses)
- Performing spool and jumper preliminary analyses (by Finite Element Analyses)
- Providing support to procurement activities for the scope in ownership: preparation of MTOs, review and follow-up of supplier offers and technical deliverables
- Preparing and participating to peer reviews and design reviews with Client
- Proposing optimizations solution, cost reductions
The engineer shall be mobilized into Rigid Pipeline discipline offices in GPC Paris for proximity with project team and will report to the pipeline mechanical lead engineer for activities on project.
• Scope for: Pipeline Design and Analyses Senior Engineer
• Experience required: Pipeline design engineer with minimum 5 years’ experience in offshore industry and seniority in offshore pipe design and analyses
• Key skills:
Good practice of Finite Element Analyses and Abaqus software
Familiar with major pipeline design codes and standards (API, DNV, ASME)
Ability to add technical value to pipeline design & optimization proposals
Ability to use Mathcad and/or Excel calculation facility to create and check calculations
Ability to perform and write technical reports (in English mandatory)
Compensation on a gross, all-inclusive daily rate, with no expatriate or relocation benefits.
Please submit your CV in a Word format, indicating your expected gross all-inclusive daily rate, as well as your dates of availability.