Nidec is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140,000 employees stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization, and each location maintains its individual personality.
The Project Engineer Co-Op directly supports the Project Management Group in variety of business tasks and performs a variety of independent on-going work functions. The PM Group is responsible for new product development efforts that introduce new electric motor products to the world. The team works directly with marketing, procurement, engineering and manufacturing to move ideas from design to production.
- Provide support to multiple Project Managers (PM's) and perform delegated responsibilities.
- Be eager to learn and understand engineering design and manufacturing processes.
- Able to coordinate with a wide range of functional engineering and manufacturing specialties.
- Eagerness to learn best practices of project management and promote the proper application.
- Complete moderate to complex tasks with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency.
- Engage "common-sense" problem-solving approaches to completing assigned tasks.
Common tasks assigned:
- Write/Submit Purchase Orders
- Provide logistics support for international shipping
- Track prototype components orders and shipments
- Manage storage of prototypes
- Assemble, measure and test prototypes
- Document Team efforts
- Actively pursuing B.S. in Engineering, Project Management or similar.
- Ability to work 30-40 hrs week
- Demonstrate sensible work ethic and a strong desire to understand complex business operations.
- Basic engineering, manufacturing, or Project management knowledge preferred.
- High level communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external contacts concerning purchasing, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Knowledge of business software such as Spreadsheets, Word processors and Presentation applications.
- Familiarity with business office practices, documentation and common office tools (copier, scanner, etc.).
- Present and maintain a professional, business casual appearance.
- Team-based work experience.
Additional Job Details
The Project Management Co-op reports to the Manager of Project Management.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.