Define and Deliver technical engineering studies in line with clients business demands and recommend proposals to improve business performance and meet regulatory/compliance requirements
- Lead development of the study, coordinating and integrating the various engineering disciplines, both internal to client and 3rd party.
- Deliver to the Asset team a robust study output that meets the defined business objectives.
- Monitor study costs, programme and quality and take corrective action as necessary to ensure studies are carried out within agreed timescales and costs.
- Produce study documentation for the Asset which defines selected option and provides a firm base for the business to make their decision to proceed
- Ensure that an effective basis for each study is defined with the Asset and other key project stakeholders. An agreed checklist of deliverables will facilitate this.
- Work closely with the Asset and Projects teams to develop the study terms of reference/ statement of requirements.
- Define and gain agreement to a study programme and study cost.
- Establish and sustain effective working relationships with all project stakeholders, asset teams, technical authorities, project managers so that all study objectives are met.
Special Features - requirements of the job
- Can interface with managers at a more senior level within site organisation
- Ability to manage moderate uncertainty (including fundamental technology options) within scope and capable of resolving ambiguity with asset and business
- Ability to take ownership of study budget and schedule and deliver against these targets
- Has in depth knowledge of oil and gas/ midstream design and plant operations onshore and/or offshore
- Has a basic appreciation of economic evaluation techniques
- Ability to manage key interfaces within project (commercial, regulatory, engineering etc)
- Can proactively challenge working practices and engineering standards in an appropriate manner where business and engineering benefits can be achieved.
- Can manage external engineering/consultants to an agreed milestone plan.
- Awareness of multi-disciplinary issues which impact on project scope and study definition
- Good decision making skills within area of expertise
- Can assess and manage project risk and work to put effective mitigation plans in place
- Has a solid understanding of process safety, environmental and business risk and the processes to manage these risks, such as HAZID/ ENVID, HAZOP, LOPA, etc.
- Can coach/mentor interns and developing engineers to support professional development of individuals.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills - necessary to do the job
- Chartered, degree qualified engineer with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Excellent knowledge/demonstration in respect of key regulations relating to operations and design such as ie CDM, HSWA, CoMAH, PPC, IED, Pipeline Safety regulations and Offshore safety directive.
- Awareness of process safety concepts and issues and can apply at a basic level
- Experience of key design workshops relating to Risk Identification and Hazard Management
- Awareness of formalized project process
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.