Compugen is Canada's largest privately-owned and operated Information Technology (IT) solution provider with extensive service and support resources. Our vision is to “simplify the business of technology, together” by focusing on business objectives and outcomes, aligning the most relevant and effective IT solutions to meet those requirements and providing extraordinary ongoing support capabilities.
Every day, over 1500 dedicated employees across Canada focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. The Compugen team has developed a strong reputation with market-leading vendors and customers, for creating, implementing and supporting creative IT solutions that delight thousands of customers.
We are seeking a Project Analyst for our client located in Edmonton, Alberta. There is an option to work from an office located in downtown Calgary, Alberta, should the ideal candidate live in Calgary or surrounding area. The Project Analyst will support project delivery as part of a team of over 30 project management resources, responsible for management of programs and projects critical to business unit of this enterprise energy organization. Should you have experience with projects including: Industrial Control Systems, SCADA, Leak Detection and Software Development, this may be a role of interest to you. This is a contract opportunity through December 31, 2020, with a start date in early March.
- Support to the Program Manager, Project Delivery and Portfolio Manager in project compliance, including documentation and gating
- Support Portfolio and Project analytics and assessment
- Dashboard/reporting setup and maintenance
- Support on business case development during project and program discovery phase, development phase, and any readjustments required throughout
- Working closely with the risk analyst in project and program risk justifications
- Support Project and Program managers in identifying user requirements, user stories and managing stakeholder requirements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and validation workshops
- Document technical recommendations; provide technical advice and guidance; consult with project stakeholders and team members
- Develop and document business analysis approach
- Elicit, analyze and manage business, data and technical requirements in consultation with Project, Program Manager, and appropriate project sponsors and as per project schedule
- Work with clients and technical teams on the design, development and implementation of project requirements
- Facilitate the definition of measures of success and progress indicators as required by the stakeholders, sponsors and the project
- Organize meetings, meeting minutes, prepare status reports and other documents as required
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings and distribute them
- Tracking deadlines to completion
- Determining project changes and documenting change requests
- Providing administrative support and take up project tasks as needed
- Ensure project documentation is maintained appropriately
- Providing support and up to administering change management processes
- Support the development or enhancement of change management processes
- Completion of other relevant duties as required
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in project coordination, business analytics, process safety, or process governance with preference in the Canadian Oil & Gas industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Engineering preferred
- Experience with facilitating meetings with multiple cross company and multi-level stakeholders is required
- Strong understanding of business requirements against technical requirements is required
- Strong analytical capabilities are required – critical thinking and reasoning, qualitative and quantitative analytics
- Experience working closely with various stakeholders including clients, project management, and other technical disciplines.
- Familiarity with Asset Management (ISO 55000) is an asset.
- Oil and Gas Experience an Asset
- An understanding of IT and OT projects and operations is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs used to create reports and documents.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (PowerBI) is an asset
- Experience with JIRA and SharePoint an asset
- Able to effectively communicate, written and oral
- Strong planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Positively and constructively adapts to changing priorities
- Strong commitment to Integrity, Safety and Respect
- PMP preferred
- High Organizational aptitude is a must
If your experience is a strong fit for this Project Analyst contract opportunity, it is recommended that candidates express interest right away; as the hiring manager will begin reviewing candidate profiles immediately upon receipt. This role requires 100% time onsite, preferably in Edmonton, AB, although Calgary, AB is an alternative option for location of work; therefore, remote work will not be possible. We look forward to hearing from you!