We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Technician looking for an onshore role based in the southern side of Aberdeen.
This is a contract role for an initial 8 month period and would suit an individual looking to develop their career after extensive offshore experience.
The purpose of this role is to provide Operational support during execute phase of the project. The individual wold provide support to the Maintenance build Project Manager and team with the maintenance build activities. The successful candidate would also support the asset engineers with any operations readiness activities - process operating procedures, manuals, etc.
The role will be based primarily in the UK operations office working alongside the asset support team and the maintenance build team working office hours 5 days a week.
• Provide estimates for production operations activities necessary to prepare equipment for maintenance - process isolations, mechanical isolations, application of process inhibits as well as draining, flushing, purging and venting to remove hydrocarbons prior to breaking containment
• Provide input to the task list for the operations routines related to integrity management - LO/LC registers, Permit Audits, environmental audits, winterisation procedure, leaks and seeps monitoring routes and break of containment checks
• Provide input to the development of operator rounds utilising mobility device to check process & utility equipment condition
• Attend facilitated FMECA workshops for critical equipment packages
• Review and provide input to critical spares reviews and output from analysis including bulk materials for isolations purposes - temporary PSV's, gauges, hoses, flanges
• Review and comment on system operating procedures and manuals i.e. gas compression, firewater distribution, seawater system, condensate export.
• Preparation of process and equipment isolations and Permits within the electronic Control of Work system in accordance with relevant procedures
• Develop material registers, isolation plans, Resources for pressure vessel inspections
Knowledge and Experience
• S/NVQ Processing Operations Hydrocarbons Level 3 or equivalent.
• Experience of North Sea offshore production operations, with knowledge of operations practices applicable to offshore oil and gas, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation
• Ability to read and work from engineering/vendor drawings including P&ID;'s and Cause & Effects
• Strong preference for experience of Platforms, uHPHT, knowledge of dry trees, drilling, intervention and centrifugal compressors
• Competent in the design, application and verification of process isolations
• Experience in the control and use of Safe Systems of Work (PTW) procedures
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally