TSS Total Safety Services is actively seeking registered Primary Care Paramedics within Alberta and BC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide medical standby for personnel performing job scopes in plant, industrial and remote oil and gas locations
- Deliver non-emergency and emergency patient care (treatment and follow-up) to sick and/or injured personnel as per established medical protocol(s). Assess and administer treatment(s) to patient(s) within parameters of level of training, restrictions and professional capacity
- Support the coordination of medical evacuations
- Complete required reporting and maintain documentation on patient(s) condition(s) and treatment(s) administered
- Promptly advise supervisory personnel of any illnesses, injuries and/or trending health issues requiring medical attention
- Ensure MTC unit is well-maintained and stocked appropriately
- Participate in the TSS Health and Safety Program; comply with applicable legislation, industry standards, safe operating procedures and codes of practice
- Consistently exude professionalism in all interactions with clients, colleagues and supervisory personnel
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Strong observational and listening skills
- Ability to confidently assess and appropriately manage ambiguous and/or emergency situations
- Verbal and written proficiency in English
- Valid PCP registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics OR
- Valid PCP registration via the BC Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board
- H2S Alive, CSTS, WHMIS, Bear or Wildlife Awareness, and ITLS
- Previous experience providing remote emergency medical support in a plant, industrial and/or oil & gas setting desired
- Prior experience in upstream (drilling & completions) considered an asset
- Ability to produce a clean or satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug & Alcohol testing
Scheduling & Other Details:
- Shift lengths vary by project/client assignment but are generally 12 hours in length
- Current scopes provide for short and long-term work
This job description is of a general nature and is not exhaustive in its listing of essential job function(s) and detail(s). It is not intended as an employment contract.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).
Job Types: Part-time, Casual