- 6:6 Roster DS:NS
- FIFO from Perth or Karratha locals
- 12.5 hour shifts
About our Client
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
WorkPac are currently seeking experienced Mechanical Maintainers for Rail Operations in the Pilbara. The role is open to Residents of Karratha or Dampier and potential FIFO options available, working on a 6/6 Roster including dayshift and nightshift. This is short term contract with an immediate start.
- Carrying-out scheduled and planned maintenance to enhance the reliability and quality of locomotive and wagon assets
- Undertaking fault finding / troubleshooting and repairs of faults
- Utilising SAP to record maintenance activities
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Mechanical Fitter/Diesel Fitter qualifications
- Experience in a heavy industrial background (mobile mining or similar)
- Appropriate post trade experience.
- A manual C Class driver's licence.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve results.
- Experience with Heavy Mobile Earthmoving equipment-In particular Electric Drive Haul Trucks (desirable)
- High risk licences (Elevated Work Platform (EWP),Forklift, rigging and/or dogging ticket)
- Exposure to a maintenance management system, such as SAP
- Previous experience in locomotive and wagon maintenance
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Register or apply with us for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Click on the apply button. For more information contact:
Chelsea Renzullo - Recruitment Coordinator
Reference Number - TMPRIJ202058016