At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center - Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What will you do
- In-line inspection tool selection, data management and analysis.
- Pipeline direct assessment (ICDA/ECDA)
- Review chemical management program & optimization
- Corrosion management and analysis
- Pipeline casings/ road crossing/ water crossing evaluation
- Cathodic protection system and coatings analysis
- Inspection plan development/ optimization. Identify pipeline preventative and mitigative measures, re-assessment interval and re-assessment methods
- Monitoring and surveillance of integrity parameters to ensure reliable operations
- Integrity assessment/ assurance activities like FFS, Corrosion Evaluations, Remaining Life Studies including pipeline defect assessment like dents, ovalities, laminations, cracks etc.
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and integrity recommendation stewardship
- Data analytics, digital tools/ technologies and operationalize upgraded work practices through digital transformation
- Overall integrity effectiveness and management which includes, criticality assessments, pipeline threat assessments, consequence assessments, development of fit-for-purpose risk based strategies, risk ranking, setting optimum task intervals including considerations to local regulations/ statutory requirements, timely review of inspection findings, and ever-greening of strategies
- Regional oversight and stewardship of integrity work product metrics for quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in achieving business unit/ manufacturing site objectives
- Representation in person (field visits) to project locations, vendor premises, production units
- Coordination and communication between various global centers and business affiliates for various aspects like, knowledge transfer, sharing learnings, skill management and maintaining business relationships
- Technical mentoring and continuous on-the-job guidance to young engineers in the team
- Ability to learn and adapt to an agile and flexible working environment, continuously stay abreast of latest developments in industry standards/ practices, bring in leanings/ experience to challenge and improvise existing company work processes/ practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a recognized university in Mechanical/Pipeline/Materials/Metallurgy Engineering or related disciplines from a recognized university scoring more than 60% or equivalent CGPA.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in pipeline integrity management with operating company or pipeline integrity technology service providers.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in upstream oil & gas production, midstream terminals, liquefied natural gas, refining, and/or petrochemical plants.
- Past work experiences should highlight demonstrable experience and knowledge in:
- Pipeline integrity management covering governing codes & standards, data collection, threat identification (Such as corrosion mechanisms, third party damage, etc.), inspection methods and tools, field operations & reporting, integrity assessments (e.g. data tallying, feature matching, defect evaluation, remaining life or fitness for service assessments), scenario based risk assessments, repair methods and recommendations to production units.
- Pipeline maintenance pigging or intelligent pigging inspection and/or tool selection and/or results assessment.
- Cathodic protection system surveys and/or pipeline route surveys and/or coating defect assessment & analysis.
- Internal/ external corrosion monitoring, coupon/ probes analysis and recommendation to chemical management team.
- Developing and implementing Integrity Management programs and associated standards and procedures to support the integrity management for pipelines.
- Pipeline construction/installation/pre-commissioning & start-up activities.
- Certification and/or in-depth working knowledge in API 580, API 571, API 1163, API 1169, NACE pipeline/corrosion courses, BS/ ISO/ EN/ AS Standards, AWS/ CSWIP/ ASNT NDT Techniques
- Working knowledge in key sections of ASME B31G/ B31.4/ B31.8 / ASME PCC-2/ API 579 / NACE standards & DNV pipeline standards
- Knowledge in various basic and advanced Non Destructive Examination techniques including understanding of application areas, limitations, data management and interpretations of results
- Reviewing/ approving risk based inspection strategies, work scopes, and welding/ major repairs plans
- Field in-service inspection, and repair of pressure equipment, heat exchangers, piping systems, pressure relief devices and above ground storage tanks in operating unit (will be beneficial)
- Above ground storage tank inspection, inspection data analysis for corrosion rates, API 653 remaining life assessment and risk based inspection plan development (will be beneficial)
- Background in mechanical design, selection, fabrication and quality assurance of pressure equipment, heat exchangers, piping systems, valves, and pressure relief devices (will be beneficial).
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills in English, adaptability/ interpersonal skills.
- Work shift is normally in day shift (9 am to 6 pm) with flexibility to meet business needs.Flexible to work in 2nd Shift (1:30 pm to 10:30 pm) depending on business requirement.
- Flexibility to travel internationally as per business needs.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Pipeline - Wink) |
Wink , United States | 6 days ago
Pipeline Integrity Engineer - Calgary - New Grad |
Confidential , Confidential | 14 days ago
Pipeline Controller |
Surrey , United Kingdom | 15 days ago
Multi Skill Technician (Pipeline - Webster, TX) |
Webster , United States | 17 days ago
Pipeline Integrity Engineer |
Bengaluru , India | a month ago