UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
Senior Field Engineer – Western Canada
Reporting to the Engineer of Record (EOR) and/or Project Engineer (PE) on a pipeline spread, the Senior Field Engineer will be onsite and provide technical interface to ensure construction work complies with all engineering drawings, technical documents, engineering standards, codes, specification and design instruction applicable to one or more construction disciplines. The Senior Field Engineer will be accountable for addressing field queries, RFIs, design changes, technical assistance to the inspection and contractor personnel, and will be a key resource to the construction crews to ensure overall successful project execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding and applying quality requirements and industry standards on the project during construction;
· Providing technical engineering information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering drawings and technical documents, engineering standards, codes, specification and design instruction applicable to one or more disciples for construction;
· Acting as the EOR in terms of field review responsibilities as outlined by the association of professional engineers having jurisdiction;
· Review contractor’s site-specific work plans and/or Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) for technical validation in terms of compliance with the original design intent;
· Responsible to ensure that the as-constructed information through as-built surveys, inspection reports and construction records, if accurate and complete, provides an as-constructed system which substantially complies in all material respects with the original design intent;
· Supporting construction in a manner that adheres to construction and contract schedule;
· Responsibility for working with internal construction management resources on constructability and construction planning;
· Proposing modifications to engineering design and interpretingdrawings, specifications and other technical documents after consultation with the responsible design engineer;
· Observe the construction work as it progresses for technical compliance to the IFC package;
· Accountability for ensuring compliance with Project procedures,design standards (includes providing recommendations forimprovements) and regulatory requirements;
· Responsible for working with internal stakeholders to achievesynergies with other Company projects;
· Responsibility for ensuring effective and pro‐active communicationis maintained with all internal and external stakeholdersthroughout the construction execution process to ensure that technical issuesare addressed in a timely manner;
· Adapting all written and verbal technical communications to be surethat the different interveners understood how to apply thetechnical recommendation or design documents;
· Responsibility for working effectively within a collaborative teamstructure;
· Comprehension of contract language, scope, terms and technicalrequirements;
· Providing support in other project controls competency in theareas of cost, scheduling, and estimating/re‐estimating;
· Understand detailed project schedules including requiredpredecessors and successors to each activity;
· Ensuring adherence to enterprise and regulatory engineeringrelated compliance issues within sphere of influence;
· Attending engineering and construction meetings including participation in contractor’s meetings (tool box talk, safety meetings, site safety inspections, etc.);
· Observe an abide by all site safety rules, assist to promote and support a strong safety culture;
· Audit inspection reports and construction records to ensure they are in compliance with the intent of the design outlined in the IFC package;
· Responsible for the on-site management of the Request for Information (RFI) process. Receive RFIs and respond while consulting with the responsible engineer for disposition. Ensure responses are in compliance with the design intent and are communicated in an agreed time frame;
· Assume responsibility for the assembly of all required as-built information for the pipeline system;
· Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
Qualifications and Attributes:
· B.Sc. in Engineering (mechanical or civil disciplines) of a recognized university or college;
· Designation as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) recognized by APEGA (required) and EGBC (preferred);
· Advanced computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences;
· Ability to pay close attention to details with good planning, implementing and organizational skills;
· Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgement, creativity and innovation;
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
· Ability to handle confidential or sensitive data or issues;
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions;
· Demonstrated analytical ability;
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines;
· Display strong work ethic and reliability;
· Must have valid driver’s license;
· Ability to work in a safety sensitive environment and comply with specific health and safety requirements including Drug & Alcohol testing.
This position is a field based position, the successful candidates must be willing and able to be in the field for extended periods, work in remote locations and inclement weather conditions.
**Only those considered for interview will be subsequently contacted.
**Please note that only those applicants eligible to live and work in Canada will be considered at this time.
UPI Canadian Operations (The Company) is committed to the health and safety of all personnel working with or on behalf of the Company, as well as the protection of the health, safety and environment of people and communities involved with or impacted by its activities. All UPI personnel shall adhere to and participate in the health and safety policies and procedures to help UPI achieve Zero Accidents.
Edit jobStatus: OpenView public job page
DetailsCreated: July 21, 2021Views: 599Candidates: 61 totalAdd a candidateFind candidates
Job Budget: Not sponsoredSponsor job
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $1.00-$2.00 per hour