REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance or, equivalent is recommended
- 4+ years payroll experience, in both unionized and non-unionized payrolls
- Experience with the Oil and Gas sector and Drilling Contractors is preferred
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
- Must have broad and in-depth knowledge of local union regulations governing Human Resources
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining quality
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers, and vendors.
- Must possess sound analytical and reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to work under pressure in time sensitive environments to meet challenging deadlines including outside of regular business hours as required
- Ability to take initiative in handling routine matters and inquires, diplomacy and experience to develop potential solutions, understanding when to seek direction
- Excellent knowledge of related Federal and Provincial payroll compliance legislation including Employment Standards, Canada Pension Plan, Worker’s Compensation Act, Employment Insurance Act and Income Tax Act
- Certification from Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is preferred
This position is located in Parker Drilling's St. John's, NL office.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.