The FPSO Operations Engineer shall provide support to the Vessel Management Team and to the FPSO Operation Manager, and review continuously the FPSO operation.
Activities and responsibilities:
- Identify solutions to technical problems encountered during operations which cannot be readily resolved by the operations team on board by liaising with the head office technical support and relevant 3rd parties such as vendors, class, suppliers etc.
- Coordinate root cause analysis investigations and prepare relevant reports for operational issues which affect the systems availability and the production.
- Develop transfer of knowledge and relevant solutions amongst all FPSOs (e.g. feedbacks on solutions assessing/developing how to implement the same solution on the other vessels).
- Along the entire operations life of FPSO, provide technical overview of production activities, recommending solutions aimed to guarantee targets achievement, facilitating information exchange and coordinating/optimizing production resources.
- Together with Maintenance department, prepare and manage planning minimum shut down maintenance (budget, manning, materials, etc.).
- Manage the entire process of design change of process/equipment onboard, provide technical support, changes requirements (i.e. HAZID, HAZOP, Risk Assessment) in conjunction with the HSE Dept.
- Assist in the preparation and development of operating budget and investment plans
- Process engineering background
- Familiar with GOSP and utilities
- Fluent English language knowledge
- Suitable to working onboard the FPSO.
Location: Africa – Sub Saharan
Duration: 1 year renewable