PES is accepting applications to hire for the position of Offshore Pipe Fitter to work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.
The pipe fitter is responsible for cutting and fitting pipe for welders to weld.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars and hammer.
- Marks refrence points onto floor or face block and transposes them to workpiece using measuring devices, squares, chalk and soapstone.
- Gives directions to welder to build up low spots or short pieces with weld.
- Straightens warped or bent parts using sledge, hand torch, straightening press or bulldozer.
- Removes high spots and cuts bevels using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torch.
- Examines blueprints and plans sequence of operation, applying knowledge of geometry, effects of heat, weld shrinkage, machining and metal thickness.
- Assembles and secure pipes, tubes, fittings and related equipment according to specifications by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
- Puts all information on the pipe before cutting and transfer all item numbers onto cut sheet and carry over item numbers to drop pipe.
- Inspects, examines and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation or other methods.
- Plans pipe system layout, installation or repair according to specifications.
- Reads and understands blue prints and ISO’s.
- At least 3 years of pipe fitting experience with a minimum of 2 years working in the Oil and Gas industry at offshore locations.
PES offers a competitive salary & benefits package. EOE
Ways to apply:
1. Email resume or employment application to: [email protected]
2. Mail to: Performance Energy Services
250 North American Ct.
Houma, LA 70363.
3. Apply in person @ 250 North American Ct. Houma, LA 70363 in the Human Resources Department (building).
4. Company website: www.pesllc.com. Employment applications are located on the company website as well.