The Offshore Istallation Manager (OIM) is responsible for managing the offshore operations on the FPSO, inclusive of the health, safety and welfare of all personnel onboard. The OIM position is the most senior position within the offshore team. The OIM position reports directly to the onshore Operations Manager. During the project phase of the development the OIM will be responsible for recruiting, building and assuring competence of the offshore team. This will also include all offshore operational systems & processes.
- Ensures full compliance with all mandatory procedures and regulations that relate to production operations
- Oversees daily production/FPSO operational activities
- Manages emergencies
- Organises, supervises and delegates the activities of the personnel, so as to ensure the preventative maintenance, housekeeping and repairs are performed in a timely manner
- Promotes and maintains a safe environment for all personnel, ensuring on-going development and training of employees and equipment is maintained to a high standard
- Recruit and build capability through the project phase to fully populate the offshore organization and achieve competency ahead of start-up and handover from the EPC company.
- Working with a 3rd party support company, design, build & implement the necessary systems & processes ready for live hydrocarbon processing.
- Offshore operations & Maintenance organization build and competency.
- Offshore facilities maintenance and integrity management
- HSE performance of the offshore team.
- Commissioning, start-up & handover integration with the EPC company.
- Extensive OIM experience within a regulated environment.
- Significant upstream and project operational readiness experience.
- Engineering & hydrocarbon operational background with degree qualification or equivalent
- Internationally experienced
- Cultural awareness
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- FPSO experience particualrly with construction in Asian ship yards desirable
- North Sea experience working within an EU regualtory environment desirable
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.