The Mine Geologist will be responsible for working with the Geology team to create an 18 month mining model for the Horizon site. The 18 month mining model must be manually benched and forms the basis for ore and waste planning by Mine Engineering.
**Please note: The shift rotation for this role is 8 days on 6 days off.**
This position is based at CNRL Horizon site, north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
- Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton, or Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Create executable mine benches for the 18 month plan that follow ore waste contacts defined by the Geology model where possible.
- Assist with the weekly reconciliation of the bitumen balance between mining, extraction and upgrading
- Work with the Geotechnical Group to assist with material classification in the mid-range planning model
- Work with a variety of business groups including: extraction, tailings, reclamation, regulatory and mine engineering to insure alignment on the planning basis
To see related Geology, Geophysics and Geotechnical roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Geology-and-Geophysics
- Minimum of B.Sc degree in Geoscience is required
- Eligible for registration with APEGA
- 1-5 years of directly related experience
- Familiar with database management and geology modeling
- Knowledge of the Stratigraphy of the McMurray formation is critical
- Demonstrated ability in database management and 3D modelling concepts
- Previous experience core logging the McMurray formation
- Previous work experience in a production role requiring manipulation of benches to match stratigraphy and the incorporation of mine ramps and structures into those surfaces
- Working experience and understanding of 3D geology modelling is required
- Prior experience working on non-routine technical assignments with little supervision
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.