5Blue Process Equipment Inc. is an Engineering Fabrication company that provides process equipment to the Oil & Gas Industry in Canada and Internationally. Our culture is one that promotes ideas and discussion for solutions across all the teams within the organization.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer who is experienced, enthusiastic, and a detail-oriented person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to join our team at our Nisku, Alberta office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role of Mechanical Engineer encompasses many activities including:
- Pressure vessel design in accordance with ASME BPVC Section VIII Div. 1 and/or Div. 2
- Registration of pressure vessels with ABSA and other provincial jurisdictions
- Provide the initial detailed descriptions of long lead vessel material and provide summaries for purchasing, pricing/quotation and or job fabrication
- Work with the QC department to prepare for any upcoming ASME or other internal/external audits
- Design of all structural steel items (oilfield skids, upper steel (pipe supports, platforms, building supports, etc.)
- Provide stress analysis for piping systems utilizing CAESARII program, per ASME B31.1 and B31.3
- Provide support to Project Engineers, Drafting, Quality Assurance Department and Shop/Fabrication, ensuring correct development of drawings and calculations related to vessels, piping systems and structural steel.
- Initial review of bid packages with interpretation of supplied bid specification(s).
- Interpret, explain and apply applicable laws, rules and regulations to supervisors and others.
- Ensure all work is performed accurately, with the highest possible quality and adhering to company standards.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with project timelines.
- Be a proactive team member who encourages team morale, excellent working relationships and professionalism.
- Help develop company standards and processes.
- Any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Registration as a P. Eng. is required.
- A minimum of five years of engineering experience in Oil & Gas industry (preferably gas processing or manufacturing related).
- Must possess a high degree of originality, skill and proficiency in the various broad phases of engineering application and knowledge of Quality Management.
- Must have experience with pumps, piping, vessels, tanks and heat exchangers.
- Proficient in mechanical equipment selection.
- Familiar with piping stress analysis.
- Extensive knowledge with ASME B31.1, B31.3, ASME BPVC, API Standards
- Good working knowledge of various engineering and project related software programs (AutoCAD, Compress, PV Elite, VMG Sim, Aspen Hysys).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,).
- Field experience in commissioning/start-up or Operations in Oil and Gas facilities is an asset.
- FEA experience is an asset
- Competitive salaries.
- Full benefits, healthcare spending account, and matching RRSP program.
- Casual business work environment.
- Opportunity to learn and for advancement.
Please forward resumes to our Human Resource Department via this Indeed ad or by email at hr@ 5blue.com. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Job Type: Full-time