Lineage is currently searching for a Mechanic/Refrigeration Technician to join our growing team!
This is a mission critical role! Your work allows us to do our jobs.
The MM/RT is responsible for maintaining, operating, inspecting, and repairing various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment. This position performs preventative and predictive maintenance as directed by the plant engineer, verifies that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through periodic testing and inspections.
- Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed by the Plant Engineer on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, purgers, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves
- Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our customers and maintain the integrity of their product.
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
- Replace defective fan motors · Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
- Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas · Drain oil from ammonia system
- Fill out daily reports as directed by Plant Engineer · Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors
- Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators
- Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements
- Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular schedule
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
- Inspect ammonia detection system
- Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times
- Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer · Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings
- Employee must successfully complete Refrigeration Operator I training course
- minimum of 3 years of ammonia refrigeration experience
- Interest and ability to obtain a CARO certification through RETA within a 6 month period (or approved equivalent )
- Successfully complete 24 hour emergency training within a 3 month period.
- PSM/RMP training would be beneficial but not a necessity.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Lineage Logistics: Lineage Logistics is the 2nd largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics company in the world. With one of the largest facility networks in the United States, Lineage is built to deliver sophisticated, customized and dependable solutions to the food, retail, agriculture and distribution industries nationwide. However, it is the people of Lineage Logistics that set it apart – people who are creative, dedicated to