Manufacturing Operations Manager
Strategic business unit:
Heatric is a global provider of heat transfer technology. Heatric today was first developed at the University of Sydney as part of a post-graduate research study. In 1985, the partners involved in this study then created the company now known as Heatric.
Five years later, in 1990, Heatric was acquired by the multi-national group Meggitt PLC, best known for their manufacturing presence in the aerospace, defence and electronic sensor markets. Heatric was then relocated from Australia to Poole in the UK where it now employs in excess of 170 people within manufacturing and operations across two sites.
With sales offices in Poole, Houston, Rio de Janeiro and Singapore, as well as our network of agents across all other areas of the world, Heatric provides a truly global and bespoke service to our customers and partners wherever they are operating.
Headquartered in the UK, Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 11,000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager effectively leads and develops the Manufacturing Operations Team, to obtain optimum productivity, while reaching strategic goals. Manages manufacturing and operations processes to ensure sufficient quantities of quality product on time and on budget, in order to meet marketplace demand.
• Effectively manages and develops the Manufacturing Operation team, to obtain optimum productivity, while reaching strategic goals
• Provides general logistics support to manufacturing floor such as processing material requisitions, sub-assembly paperwork closure and material relocation
• Delivers quality products, on time and on budget
• Manages crisis resolution to ensure continuous flow of operation under designated budget
• Ensures that resources are utilized effectively and drives improvements
• Promotes a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents
• Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
• Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Key skills and competencies required:
• Strong ability to lead, plan and direct Manufacturing and Operations activities
• Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes, tools and standard operating procedures, in aerospace or automotive industry
• Demonstrated use of the latest technology to enhance the growth of an organization
• Solid analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve increasingly complex problems
• Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools