Velo3D (NYSE: VLD) is a leading additive manufacturing technology company for mission-critical metal parts. With the only SupportFree laser powder bed fusion capability, Velo3D enables on-demand manufacturing of production quality Titanium, Inconel, and Aluminum parts with an unprecedented degree of design freedom and quality control. The Velo3D award-winning solution includes an integrated offering of hardware and software: Sapphire® metal AM production printer, Flow™ print preparation software, Assure™ quality assurance and control system, and an integrated manufacturing process that runs throughout the printing operation.
In this position you will lead Velo3D’s sales and business development success in Europe for selling 3D printing on metals technology into the industries Velo3D is focused on serving strategically: Aviation/Space/Defense, Energy, and Turbomachinery industries. The position will be responsible for developing the sales pipeline of product manufacturers (OEMs) and their supply chain parts contract manufacturers (CMs) to be sufficient to meet booking goals and to close the number of new customers and the booking amounts to meet/exceed the company’s goals in the Western European markets. The team is looking for a self-starter leader that enjoys working in a highly dynamic startup environment. You will enjoy small high growth company atmosphere and excellent benefits.
- A keen finder of new business who closes new customer business and beats quota
- Experience in capital equipment selling (e.g. 5 Axis CNCs, metal AM systems, strategic Design/Mfg systems) selling with sales achievement over 8 million Euros per year.
- Success selling into industrial companies such as aerospace (aviation, space, defense), energy/oil & gas, industrial pump and turbo-machinery market OEMs and metal production parts contract manufacturers serving those industries.
- Possesses deep target market industry insight (e.g. product innovation and mfg supply chain) and has developed strong business relationships at target industrial companies and their manufacturing supply base (i.e. CMs).
- Ability to grasp the technical value proposition and ability to work with the customer and discover how this value proposition can help the customer to create business value and solve critical business problems.
- Experience leading effective sales campaigns that utilizes cross-functional team members efficiently to close, retain, and upsell new business.
- Excellent relationship building skills based on keen ability to listen and creative discovery of critical problems you solved.
- Consultative development of value, justification, and compelling events to close business as forecasted.
Team player Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales achievement selling industrial automation products exceeding sales targets over 8 million Euros per year
- Sales and sales leadership position in a startup
- Strong reference customers delighted with solutions you have sold them
- Experience selling capital equipment such as Automation, Manufacturing equipment, Machinery or other complex systems for business customers
- BS degree in engineering is preferred