An opportunity is available to join a mid-cap oil and gas operating company in the role of Manager Exploration and Appraisal (offshore) as they embark upon an exciting period of growth.
The purpose of the role is to provide effective leadership and coordination of the exploration and appraisal teams to maximise value from the Company's offshore assets.
Responsibilities will include;
- Find and develop commercial quantities hydrocarbons from the existing exploration and development acreage
- Managerial participation in all business planning and tracking processes
- Lead the creation, maintenance and execution of exploration asset business plans and budgets
- Develop and monitor assigned budgets and associated metrics
- Provide technical support as required for onshore exploration and development projects
- Maintain a technically mature portfolio of basin drilling opportunities
- Assist in resource booking and up-side production forecasting from existing fields
- Coordinate operated JV meetings to ensure budget JV approvals are obtained
- Manage NOJVs to influence the direction of operations, adherence to budgets, project schedules and timelines regarding production targets
Suitable applicants will have;
- Tertiary qualification in Geoscience
- Minimum 15 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience in working in offshore environments as part of an operating company
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team in an operating company
- Previous experience supervising a team
- Experience in building and executing innovative exploration and development programs
- Experience in managing budgets and work programs
- Ability to interpret economic analysis
An attractive remuneration is available for this role, dependant on skills and experience.
For further information please contact David Styles on 07 3160 2926 or email email@example.com
Please note that only candidates with existing eligibility to work in Australia can be considered for this role at this time.