Q2 Technologies (Q2T) is seeking a Manager - Accounting, to lead Q2T’s finance and accounting reporting. The position requires strong leadership, communication, analytical and organizational skills. The position is full-time and located in Houston, TX or Monterrey, Mexico. The position reports to the Vice President and General Manager.
You will be a key member in Q2 Technologies, responsible for managing accounting, finances and tax reporting for Q2 Technologies and associated subsidiaries in the real estate sectors. This position is dynamic and requirements will evolve as the business grows and the industry changes.
About Q2 Technologies:
Founded in 2001 and formed as a spin-off from Quaker Chemical (NYSE: KWR), Q2 Technologies and partners developed the MEA-Triazine H2S scavengers used world-wide today. An expert in H2S and mercaptan removal solutions.
Q2 Technologies has H2S and mercaptan removal experience in the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Wastewater, Landfill Gas, and Digester Biogas industries. By combining our experience, research, and development within these industries, Q2 Technologies offers superior engineering, application, and chemical solutions.
In 2016, Q2 Technologies commercialized the Pro3 line of non-amine H2S scavengers and ProM line of non-amine mercaptan scavengers for crude oil applications. The Pro3/ProM technologies currently treat over 6 million barrels of crude oil and condensate each month.
- Completing monthly P&L; for Q2 Technologies and associated companies
- Travel as needed to Monterrey/Houston, TX to monitor physical inventory counts and presenting quarterly reports to management.
- Updating balance sheet for companies
- Tracking metrics on inventory turnover, customer trends, raw material costs, return on investment.
- Manage real estate costs, collections and taxes for owned properties
- Keeping track of inventories across manufacturing locations
- Monitoring freight costs across customer sites and manufacturing locations
- Ensuring depreciation across multiple asset types is maximized
- Keeping track of company state taxes, franchise taxes, inventory taxes and payroll taxes
- Collaborating with tax accountants and/or attorneys for federal tax returns
- Familiarizing with latest tax laws to optimize yearly tax payments
- 10+ years of relevant accounting or finance experience.
- English language, bilingual in Spanish a strong plus
- Licensed CPA a strong plus
- Knowledge in Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Knowledge of cyber security & risk management a plus
- Pays close attention to internal procedures
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Personable, with very strong communication skills, and possess the desire to lead an aggressive expansion in a fast paced and dynamic market
- Strong Leadership, creativity and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to grow and maintain relationship with any individual, irrespective of background and type of personality
- Strong detail-orientation and top-level self-organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to put in more working hours, even at odd times
- Possess reliable problem-solving ability
Q2 Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 10 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- English (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location