Job Title: Maintenance Engineer - Drilling Equipment
Work Location: Expatriate position based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
We are seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join the Drilling Equipment Maintenance Division of Drilling & Workover. The Maintenance Engineer will handle the maintenance work required for the Drilling Equipment Maintenance Division.
As the successful candidate you will handle all maintenance engineering tasks in the Drilling Equipment Maintenance Division workshops, Wellhead, Engine Repair and Welding shops. You will analyze manpower, equipment and material requirements, apply performance standards for maintenance work, and evaluate actual performance against minimum standards.
You will be familiar with the relevant quality management system standards such as APIspecs Q1/Q2 or ISO 9001 standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform and demonstrate the following:-
- Consult with and advise operating personnel to determine maintenance requirements and establish priorities for maintenance work.
- Analyze requests for maintenance work in his area and recommend work which can be economically assigned to contractor organizations and develop the scope of work.
- Develop and review maintenance schedules in detail; verify initial estimate for labor, material, tools, equipment and shop work; review and verify adequacy of estimated project cost prior to and during work progress.
- Maintain job logs and initiate necessary documentation on contractor performance, material damage or loss claims, accident reports, job completion reports and contract payments.
- Oversee current maintenance documentation. Ensure hardware modifications are current with vendor recommendations.
- Maintain adequate stocks of spare parts are available for the plant or area system.
- Perform special assignments as directed, utilize your Engineering knowledge and experience.
- Prepare engineering reports on maintenance activities/methods, and means for their improvement.
Minimum Requirements :
- As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- You will have Seven years’ experience with practical knowledge and experience in maintenance methods and practices within Drilling.